Monday, August 28, 2006

Pictures for a few

(Here you can see a five story apartment building in the back. Two story apartment building in the center. Garages at the bottom and left of the screen)
(In the center of the picture you can see the dumpsters for the entire neighborhood. They are emptied every day. That is very nice. On the bottom of the screen are a few garages. There are quiet a few garages in the center of my neighborhood. They mostly have belongings in them, not cars. Maybe it is the same in America now. In this picture you can see a few two story apartment buildings in the trees. My building is 5 floors, no elevator and I'm on the fourth floor)

A few of you, and I must say very few, did ask to see some pictures of my neighborhood. So as a compromise I took these pictures from the stairwell in my apartment. The view is basically what I see when I look out my bedroom or kitchen windows. I love all the trees and I can see the sunset off to the left of the picture in the evening. I enjoy the view an dI'm sure it will change with each season. Enjoy!
Along with the beauty I have also seen some rather frightening sights here. Last week on my way to school I saw a tram hit a car. Then today on my way to school I saw an ambulance and there was a man with blood runing down his face. His eye was badly injured. Most foreigners here have seen dead bodies. Some have even seen people killed. I don't think it is a hugely dangerous place but with so many drunk people bad things can happen. Please pray that the Lord would protect me from witnessing any horific sights.

No comments: