Friday, August 11, 2006

How it's really going

Alright, so enough of the homework, how am I really doing? I am doing quite well. I feel like am adjusting fine. Of course I have my emotional moments. One thing I did before I left was make an encouragement scrapbook. All the letters and cards that people gave me before I left I made into a scrapbook. I have brought that with me and I have been adding to it since I’ve been here. When I get a little down I read through all the encouraging notes you have given me. That way I can remember that I am loved and I do have friends out there somewhere.
The Americans here have been great. They caution us in hanging out with only Americans. Then we will not get to know Russians. I’ve been trying to not spend too much time with Americans. I’m still not spending any time with Russians. I have one friend and I have yet to see her since I’ve been back. She keeps canceling on me and I’m getting a bit frustrated with the whole situation. I know God will bless me with a wonderful friend in His timing.

No comments: