
Observations: I went to the bowling alley at Krasnaya Ploshed. When you walk in it is very much like in America. You go to the counter and tell them how many people and how long you want to play for. Then you tell them your shoe size. The shoe sizes are American because the shoes, balls, and everything are from America. They give you the shoes and little covers for your feet. You put the shoes on and you put your personal shoes into the basket and give it to them. Then you go to your lane. Someone comes up and sets up the screen for you. Someone else comes up and puts out menu’s. Then you pick your ball and play. The game is obviously played the same. In Russia you pay by the hour so when you are done you tell them and they stop your clock. You pay for the lane and not the number of people. The price is different depending on the day of the week and the time of day.
Impressions: This bowling alley was cleaner and nicer than any in America I have ever been to. The service was very good. The lanes did seem different to me. I am normally a bad bowler but here I was horrible. It is almost impossible to put any spin on a ball. I can’t say what was different but it seemed different to me. The other people there where not as serious as they are in America. Many of them did not have the typical bowling stance. They would just walk up, stop, and then through the ball. Some of them would even just drop the ball hard. In America you would get in trouble for that. Everyone seemed to be having fun.
Questions: How long has bowling been in Russia?
Language Notes: Again I was able to use the Russian that I know to order the lane and to pay. It was nice to get out and use my Russian.
No comments:
Post a Comment