Saturday, August 19, 2006

A Big Blessing, A Simple Hello

(here is the picture of the blini, I couldn't get it to work before)

I had a very unexpected blessing today. I have been praying that the Lord would help me to make friends with my neighbors. It is very hard to make friends with Russians. There view of friendship is much deeper than ours. To me it seems almost impossible to initiate a friendship. I have been trying with the Grandma's that sit outside my building. I say hi to them and smile whenever I see them. Today when I said hi they asked me to come over and we had a little conversation. To a Russian we are certianly not friends. Perhaps they are only currious about who I am. To me it was a big answer to prayer. I know they are watching out for me and I hope over time we will be able to build a relationship. Please pray for this with me. Today I am greatly encouraged.

No comments: