Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Building Relationships
Tonight I braved the grandma’s. I was tiered of sittting alone and board in my apartment every night. So, I said a prayer and took pictures of my family outside to show them. I ended up talking to them for half and hour. It was wonderful. They were very nice and asked me all sorts of questions. We talked about where my family lives and what they do, where I grew up, what I did in America. I told them I worked with children, they took that to mean kind of like working in a preschool, which actually I have done. There was also a ten year old girl named Alisa outside. Alisa is studying English and they want me to help her. She lives on the first floor; all the grandma’s also live on the first floor. She will come over sometime when I am home and I might go to her apartment some time. She lives in apartment 4. They invited me over. That is a pretty big invitation for a Russian. I had a wonderful conversation and enjoyed myself immensely. There were four grandmas. One spoke very well with me. Another one spoke too many words I couldn’t understand and expected me to understand everything. The other two were fairly quiet. Now that I have braved myself once I hope to brave myself more often. I feel very very blessed to begin building relationships with these women. I hope that Alisa and I will become friends and help each other in language.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment