

Café
(These are pictures of two different café’s, I did not go to either of these. I didn't have my camera with me when I went out to eat. I don't really like looking like a tourist.)
Observations: At the café’s most people sit quietly and are very relaxed. They don’t seem to be in a hurry. They enjoy watching people and talking with their friends. The groups are generally only two or three people younger people. I think mostly people in there twenties and thirties. Most people just order drinks and maybe a small snack. I think that most café’s downtown are too expensive to go to very often. They are probably for special occasions or once in awhile.
Impressions: The staff was very friendly and relaxed. In America most waitresses are in a hurry to get you your food and then your check so that the table is free for more customers. Here they let you take your time. I think we were rushing more than they are used to.
Questions: When I go to a café how much time should I expect to spend there?
Language Notes: They had an English menu so we were not forced to use much Russian. They seemed to understand us fairly well.
No comments:
Post a Comment