Monday, September 25, 2006
City Day
This weekend was city day in Krasnodar. Throughout the city they had booths, music and dancing. I went downtown Saturday morning to check out the festivities. I was rather dissapointed to see very little. Then on my way home, uptown, I saw everything through the window of the tram. There were streets blocked off with booths and people filling every inch. By that time I was too tiered to explore anymore. I told myself I would go out on Sunday. Then when I got near my house I saw the park was full of people. I got off the tram to walk home through the park. They had many things set up for childrens. Baloons everywhere and they were setting up stages for performances. I didn't stay to watch anything. Again I told myself Sunday. Sunday came and it poured all afternoon. I didn't get out to see any more of the festivities. I heard that most of the festivities are at night and also at night is when the drinking goes on. So it is probably good that I didn't see much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bummer, it would have been cool if you could have seen some of it during the day, but I totally understand the getting tired thing:)
Kristin
Post a Comment