Tuesday, September 05, 2006
A response for Jim
Here is a response to a comment. If you ask a question I will try to give you an answer. It may not be the best answer but it will have to do. What is the auto situation here? Many people do have cars. The percentage is definitely lower than in the US. I would think it is extremely rare for a family to have more than one car. Most people still rely heavily on public transportation. The most common Russian cars are the Lada and Volga. I really don’t know much about cars so I can’t compare them to American cars. They are a much older style and a boxier vehicle. You can purchase foreign cars here. They have a Ford factory in Saint Petersburg. It seems that you can get almost any Ford here. Imports are about twice the price as in America. Surprisingly many people also drive BMW’s. They even have a Hummer here. If you looked hard enough you could probably find most any vehicle that there is in America. You would just pay a much higher price for it. I know that Ford has regular repair shops, like in America. I’m sure that BMW also has service centers. I think many people just go to a mechanic. There are mechanics all over. They look to me like they are mostly just in a small garage in a residential area. I have know idea what they are like on the inside or how they run. I hope that answers your question some. Thanks for asking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment