Sunday, September 03, 2006

Something Good!

I just had something very wonderful happen to me tonight. I have been looking for a second language helper. The one I have is good but she speaks English. That makes her very helpful for explaining grammar and cultural questions. It doesn’t help challenge my use of Russian. If I don’t understand something she just explains it in English. She can also only meet at the school. I want someone who can come to my home. There is one girl I met who is a nanny for an American family. She is very kind and only speaks Russian. She only lives three blocks from me. I asked the American family if she would be interested in being a language helper for me once a week for two hours. She called me tonight. In Russian we set it up. If I didn’t understand something I would tell her and she would explain it again using simper terms. She was so helpful. I already feel very comfortable around her. So this Friday night at 6 she will come over to help me with my Russian. I am looking forward to it!

No comments: