Sunday, October 01, 2006

Nigerians in Russia

Today I witnessed something truely unique and heaven like. There are many Nigerians attending our church. There first Sunday was my first Sunday. They are all very friendly and nice and English is their first language. They are in Krasnodar studying medicine at the university. In church today they all stood up on the stage, there are between 40 and 50 of them. They said that today, October 1, is Nigerian independance. They have been a free country for 46 year. They shared their prayers and desires for Nigeria to be healed by the Lord as the country turns to Him. Then together they sang "Blessed Be the Name of the Lord." I wish you could have all been there to witness this event. They sang "as we lift up holy hands in one accord singing blessed be the name." Nigerians, Americans, Canadians, Russians, and I'm sure others were raising their hands in worship to the Lord. It was a beautiful and holy sight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We just don't worship here like they do over there, I can't wait to visit you over here some day sis and see it for myself. I love it when you share experiences like that.

Kristin