Monday, October 30, 2006

Free Advice

Some of you might have children interested in living overseas someday. Or maybe you yourself have a desire to leave the USA and venture out abroad. Well here are a few of my suggestions.
1. Learn how to cook. America is all about easy and quick preparation. You won’t find that overseas. Learn how to make things from scratch and don’t be afraid of a recipe.
2. Learn English grammar very well. When you are learning a foreign language to you they explain the grammar using English grammar terminology like predicate and indirect object. If you have no clue what those are it will make you learning experience that much harder.
3. This one is specific for those women interested in Russia, or maybe Europe. Learn how to wear heals. I don’t mean just learn how to walk around and not fall. Learn how to walk long distances on bad side walks and roads, sometimes through mud or jumping over puddles. This skill will come in handy.
These are just a few free tips for you. Oh and how did I do at my preparation? Well, I had number one down pat but number two and three have definitely been challenging. I feel like I am not only learning Russian but I am learning English as well. As far as number three goes my feet are quite angry at me. I wore heals to church yesterday. I was in heals from 9:30 am until 4:00 pm and I walked a few miles in them. Well, today most of the blisters have popped, there is still one more to go.

No comments: