Monday, October 30, 2006
A New Record
I am one week away from breaking my record for time outside of America. The longest I have ever been away was three and a half months. I must admit. I am feeling the strain of being gone. I enjoy my life here. I have friends and a future. I miss people back home. Honestly sometimes I get the feeling people don't miss me. My inbox this week was sad. I think two people wrote me outside of my immeadiate faimily. I know that I ask for e-mails quite frequently. I don't know if you realize how much they mean to me. Sometimes people I have never met in my life are better at responding to my cries and sending random e-mails to me. I have to say that is a bit discouraging at times. I do appreciate care wherever I get it from. Please don't forget about me. I know I've been gone awhile but I still have a long ways to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're not forgotten, Sarah!!!!!! At church we remember you often, and I think about you a lot. A friend of mine recently got back from being a missionary in Russia for 3 years (actually, I noticed she commented on your blog once), and I like comparing your experience that I read about to hers. I'm so glad that you have this blog because it makes it easier to keep up with what's going on. People on the "other side" sometimes feel close to you since they know what's going on with you, but you have no idea what's happening in their lives. I'll try to comment more often or write to you more often! But just remember, we have not forgotten you!!!!
Lisa (Smith)
Ah Sarah, in my forgotten world of Alaska, I hear your plea. And I know so well how meaningful every drop of news can be. You're in my thoughts often. As far as your comments in the previous post about how to prepare for living overseas, hmmmm, I don't think they make me very qualified. We'll see.
Post a Comment