
Yesterday I was able to see my good friend Glaya for the first time since I've been back in Russia. She was one of my translators last summer. She has been extreemly busy these past few months and we haven't been able to conect, until yesterday. We had a wonderful afternoon walking around downtown in Krasnodar's amazing fall. Fall here is in the 60's and beautiful. The sky is clear the leaves are all turning golden, not red or orange. It is different but beautiful in it's own way. We talked about our dreams and our hearts desires. We both have a heart for children. She has volunteered in an orphanage nearby for 8 years. She has been so busy that she hasn't gone in about a month. So today we decided to go together. It is a little far away so we had to take a taxi and it cost ALOT, but in the end it was worth it.
Today we made necklaces and bracelts with the girls. The orphange we were at is the same one I went to last summer. I even recognized some of the kids. Right now the orphanage has 70 children between the ages of 3-7. We worked with 13 today and they were a fun handful. We were with them for an hour and a half and it seemed like five minutes. I was encouraged by how well I could comunicate with the girls. I am learning something! Galya and I are talking about going back every couple of weeks or so. Unfortunatly she is going out of town for two weeks, then I will be out of town for a week, then she will be gone again. It will not be until December that we are in Krasnodar at the same time again. After that hopefully we can get into a routine. I have waited three months to go back to this orphange and it was great.
I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of the kids. I was too busy spending time with them to take a picture. Here is a picture of some of the workers and Galya. The director is on the far left and Galya is standing next to her.
No comments:
Post a Comment