Monday, October 23, 2006

shopping

Saturday I decided to do some exploring. I had heard about a mall called City Center so I decided to see what it was like. It is right on the tram line that runs in front of my house. It is at the complete opposite end of the line but it still only took 35 minutes. It was a good transportation day for me. It was a very nice mall with pretty expensive stores inside. On the top floor there was a movie theater, food court, arcade, and pool table. What I was interested in was on the first floor. The first floor has a western style grocery store. It is odd to think that in a fancy mall with Tommy Hilfiger and other named brand stores one would find a grocery store. Remember that a western style grocery store is a nice place here. I found most of the ingredients for Taco Salad. I bought those and headed home. I thought it would be interesting to tell you what I can find in a grocery store and what I can’t. Also what I can find in a reenuk (outdoor market.)

Grocery Store Reenuk (outdoor market)
-extra lean ground beef -ground beef with ground bones
-wilted brown lettuce -fresh but still muddy lettuce
-Rock hard avocadoes -No avocadoes
-Canned beans -Dried beans
-Rotting fruits -Fresh wonderful fruits
-Large fish still in the tank -Fish on a cardboard box on the sidewalk
-Tortilla chips -No chips

Basically there are many things that you can only find at a grocery store. For the things that you can find at both places I think that the reenuk is fresher and cheaper. I must learn to be a bargain shopper. It does take time on public transportation.

*Side note: I know that many people are connected to me through my blog. Remember, that doesn’t mean I am connected to you. Please write me an e-mail sometime.

No comments: