Saturday, October 07, 2006

A Trip to the Mountains






























Yesterday our school took a trip to the mountains outside of Mykop. We went to the same places I went last summer with the team from Cody. At first we went to the cave. It was still the same slippery, dark, and cold cave. I guess caves don't interest me that much. After the caves we had a picnic lunch. Then some of the group took a van up to the look out point. I didn't go up because I had already been there before.
After lunch we headed down the mountain. On the way we stopped so people could buy fresh honey. I didn't buy any honey but I did take some beautiful pictures. The veiw was great up there. Everything is still so green. Fall is just starting. I don't know that I've ever experienced an indian summer before, I am now. It is in the 80's in October. That seem's so odd for Russia. What do I know.
After we had gone about half way down the mountain we stopped to go on a hike to see some waterfalls. We didn't have very much time, less than two hours, but it was still beautiful. There were seven waterfalls where we were but we were only able to get to two of the waterfalls in the time we had. Boy am I out of shape. For some of the hike to the waterfalls there really wasn't much of a trail. You just crisscrossed over the river to the bank that looked the best. At one point we had to do a little "rock climbing." It was quite fun. I love the outdoors and it reminded me of my childhood explorations in the Pacific Northwest.
Enjoy the pictures. I certainly enjoyed the day.

No comments: