Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The arival of fall

The official start of fall in Russia is September 1. In my mind fall began today. We have had fairly nice weather since I came to Russia. It started out very hot and then it became comfortable. It is not cold and snowy right now but it is cold and rainy. It is actually pouring rain. Yesterday the heat finally came on in some of the city but I still do not have heat. I am freezing in my apartment. I had to do my homework in bed under the covers this afternoon. The heat here is hot water. They heat the water in one part of the city and then it runs through every apartment building. I am just now begining to hear the water running through my pipes but it is cold water at this point. It has been running through cold pipes. Maybe by morning I will have warm pipes, with warm water, and a wonderfully warm apartment. I can always dream!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah! I just found your blog, and I was so excited! How cold is it there? We heard from Evelyn B at church yesterday that your apartment is pretty chilly, so many people are praying for you that it will heat up. Hopefully soon! Last week it snowed in Cody for the first time - maybe 4 inches. Then last night it started again. I love the snow! Is it snowing where you are?

Well, I'll probably comment more later. Just know that we think about you a lot at church and are praying for you often. Keep up your spirits! I love hearing about your life there. It's the next best thing to being there myself.