Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Summer Storm




Today after my language helper left I decided to be studious and do my homework right away instead of procrasinating. As I sat at my desk conjugating verbs I kept looking out my window at the rain. I love the rain and this was heavy. It just kept comming down harder until I couldn't see out my window anymore. I quickly pulled out my camera and walked to the balcony to take a picture of the rain. That is the first picture. By the time I got to the balcony it wasn't raining quite as hard, and rain doesn't really show up in pictures, so you can't really tell. The picture was taken at 4 in the afternoon if that gives you an idea of how dark it was. Then I went back into my room to take a picture of my window, the second picture. I hoped that one would turn out better, it didn't. Then I looked down and my computer was sitting in a puddle of water! From the time it took me to take those two pictures my computer got wet. Thankfully it was turned off and unplugged. I moved it and dried it. I'm writing on it at the moment. There doesn't seem to be any permanent damage. It does show me how much God is watching out for me. This storm could have happened while I was at school, or meeting with a language helper, or any time I wasn't at my desk and I might not have found the puddle for hours.
Thank you Lord for saving my computer. Perhaps a past storm is what killed the last hard drive.

No comments: