Sunday, June 10, 2007

Keeping up with the Jones (or the Masons)

Over a year ago I met Donnie and Blythe Mason in Wheaton, Illinois for training before comming to Russia. We have been in this whole language learning and aculturation process together. Yesterday they took a big step. They were able to purchase their car. I am so happy for them, I know how much easier this will make their life. A tiny part of me can't help but be a little jealous. I know my time will come eventually. It is a good reminder for me to be thankful for all that I have and the hope of what I will have. So many others here, Americans included, will never have a car or many of the material possesions that I own. In the midst of my jealousy there is thankfulness too.
Congrats Donnie and Blythe, I can't wait to go for a spin! That is of course after you learn to drive here.

1 comment:

Transient Drifter said...

Sarah, so nice to see you back! As far as computers go, I would highly recommend macs! I have one and I love it. I did just have to take it to the doctor as it had "random shutdown syndrome" which is exactly what it sounds like. But I have a great coverage plan so I didn't have to pay anything to have it fixed. All this to say, macs are fun, and you should get one :) As always, it's great to hear what you're up to. I'll be out in your part of the world (sort of) soon! Craziness!