Today I went Cherry Picking with some friends. Unfortunatly I didn't get any pictures but it was quite the experience. I grew up with a cherry tree in my front yard. Every single summer I would pick a cherry, put it in my mouth, make a sour face, and spit it out. Our cherry tree was a pie cherry tree and the birds always ate the cherries before they were ripe. So needless to say I'm not an experienced cherry picker. I am an experienced tree climber and blackberry picker, so I just combined those two skills. I ended up with a fun couple of hours climbing trees, ladders, and even fences to get as high as I could to reach the best cherries. I wasn't as brave as Jerry though. He made it to the roof of his two story house by climbing up a breaking wooden ladder. I'm a climber, but only on things that are sturdy.
Once I got home I mastered the art of getting the pits out of cherries. I just stuck a fork in the bottom end and out popped the pit from the top. There is a skill to it, it's not as easy as it sounds. For the past four hours most of my cherries have been in the oven drying. I can enjoy my cherry picking efforts for months to come.
Monday and Tuesday I don't have school! Praise God! So Monday I am going to go to the Black Sea with some friends. I will try and remember to bring a camera. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment