Sunday, January 28, 2007

Snipets of life

Well there isn’t really much to say. Hopefully I will say something interesting.
-On Saturday I went to our English service and there a Russian preached in English and today in Russian church an American preached in Russian. Just an interesting tidbit of information.
-The weather has been very warm this winter. For at least a week it’s been in the sixties and very rainy. It is like fall and spring in Washington, only muddier. Well today it decided to be winter in Russia. This is only the second snow we’ve had since I’ve been here. This is just a dusting. I think I’m getting away pretty easy.
-Thursday was the day of the student. Russia has different days to celebrate different people. Thursday was my day, the day of the student. Our teachers even let us out of class early to watch a Russian movie. It’s still work watching a movie in Russian but it is better than understanding Russian grammar.
I hope you found something interesting. If you didn’t I’m sorry. Living in a foreign country doesn’t automatically take the monotony out of life.

No comments: