Yesterday my language helper and I were talking about the Lord’s will for our lives. Right now she is a nanny for a family that is going back to the states in three months. She really doesn’t know what to do when they leave. She wants to serve God but she doesn’t see how. She knows God is in control but right now she is walking in pure faith. I feel very similar to her. I still don’t see my place here. What will I be doing after language study? I have no idea.
Today I went to a friend’s church. She lives near the church and so after the service she invited me over to her house for tea. I have been in Russian homes before. I have seen Russian poverty. My friend definitely was not living badly. It just struck me how differently we live. To her it must seem like I have everything in the world. I’ve never been the wealthy one before. Honestly, I really don’t like the feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment