Monday, January 08, 2007

I'm still here

I am finally feeling fully better but it was a long road for me. After I started on the antibiotics I began vomiting. I took myself off the antibiotics and God was gracious in healing me. I feel much better now.
Russian Christmas was January 7. The holiday season is just ending for me here in Russia. I didn’t really do anything special for Russian Christmas. Our church met at night instead of in the morning. I went to the service. I am guessing there were about 500 people there. Church started with children recited poems and then singing. Then there were two ballerinas who performed. After that there was a series of music specials. It ended with an evangelistic sermon. It is interesting to me that when they present the gospel message here there always do a real altar call. This is not asking people to pray in their seats or raise their hands. They are asking people to go in front of the church and pray with the microphone in front of hundreds of people. Talk about a real commitment. I don't know if that is common but that is how it has been in my church. It is amazing to watch people make that commitment and here there prayers.

No comments: