This whole week has been blue for me. Leading up to my birthday I have felt awful emotionally. It’s not because I’m now one year older. It’s just a huge mixture of things. I was able to maintain a positive attitude through the holidays. This week I could feel the emotions building up. Last night I went to a friend’s house for dinner. When I arrived I found nearly my entire team and my classmates. It was quite the surprise party. There were decorations, noise makers, and the works. I felt very blessed and loved. It was deffinitly the highlight of my week.
During the day yesterday I had made a birthday cake. I was going to go to someone else’s house on my birthday to celebrate their birthday. I thought it would be a good distraction. Things didn’t work out. So I can’t go. When I got home last night I decided to invite my neighbors to celebrate with me and eat up my American cake. Instead of welcomes and smiles I had doors slammed in my face. Needless to say I cried myself to sleep last night. That cake on my counter was a reminder of a lonely day to come. The only way I fell asleep was by reminding myself that this is not my home. Heaven is my real home. I fell asleep with tears on my cheeks and heaven in my heart. Even now the tears won’t stop.
This morning when I woke up I was determined to make the best of it. I ate a piece of cake for breakfast and called my family. That just ended in more tears. To top it off my birthday package is stuck in the post office and I can’t get it. Why? Because it’s Russia and nothing works like you want it to.
Today is my 28th birthday. What will I do today? I will do laundry and study. If I’m lucky I might end up watching a movie. How did you spend your 28th birthday?
During the day yesterday I had made a birthday cake. I was going to go to someone else’s house on my birthday to celebrate their birthday. I thought it would be a good distraction. Things didn’t work out. So I can’t go. When I got home last night I decided to invite my neighbors to celebrate with me and eat up my American cake. Instead of welcomes and smiles I had doors slammed in my face. Needless to say I cried myself to sleep last night. That cake on my counter was a reminder of a lonely day to come. The only way I fell asleep was by reminding myself that this is not my home. Heaven is my real home. I fell asleep with tears on my cheeks and heaven in my heart. Even now the tears won’t stop.
This morning when I woke up I was determined to make the best of it. I ate a piece of cake for breakfast and called my family. That just ended in more tears. To top it off my birthday package is stuck in the post office and I can’t get it. Why? Because it’s Russia and nothing works like you want it to.
Today is my 28th birthday. What will I do today? I will do laundry and study. If I’m lucky I might end up watching a movie. How did you spend your 28th birthday?
2 comments:
I spent my 28th birthday going to a movie and having pizza for dinner. I did have a small part of my family with me, but I missed my friends and I missed feeling like me, and I missed having a dream that someday it would be different because I have decided that despite what I do my life will just continue to be what it is. Not so uplifting I guess =)
Happy late birthday, Sarah!
I can't really remember how I spent my 28th. I had just started working as a recruiter at Northwest College, so I think I was home for one and a half days before I had to leave on my next trip. I'm glad that your friends surprised you with a party. It's hard to be in a distant land on days like that.
Post a Comment