Thursday, August 23, 2007

Fiddler on The Roof


Life has been pretty busy for me lately. I finally have a free hour to do some posting. On Tuesday I went to the Krasnodar Drama Theatre and saw "Fiddler on the Roof," in Russian of course. It was an amazing production. The music was exactly the same and it was very interesting to hear the translation. I know the score so well in English that it was easy to follow in Russian.

The theater was packed and very hot. There were probably over a thousand people in the aditorium. The seats are closer together than in America. I took a picture of the curtain

when I arrived, that is the picture above. I didn't dare take a picture durring the performance. One of my favorite things about the performance was that the fiddler was an actual fiddler. It added so much.

The only somewhat down part to the evening was that it lasted nearly four hours and I wore the wrong shoes. I was limping by the end. Thanks Kim for giving me a ride home! I needed it.

No comments: