Friday, October 26, 2007

A stroll in Autum

My golden archway leading to the bus stop
Pervomayskee Park
Pervomayskee Park

So frequently I am focused on the task at hand that I forget to look arround and see the beautiful place God has created for me. Last year I remember walking to the bus stop through a golden archway for about a week. I kept thinking to myself I have to take a picture of this. Yet all the leaves were gone before I ever got my camera out. This year, probably being my last fall in Krasnodar, I was determined I would get that picture.

Yesterday I finished with my assesment, a very important test at school. Today I was much more relaxed and I decided to go for a walk, enjoy the fall colors and take my camera along. I live right next to a fairly large park. In fact I walk past it every day as I go to the bus stop. Today I walked through the park with my camera. There was hardly anyone around. All the rides have been closed for the summer. It was still beautiful in there. On my way out of the park I walked through an outdoor market that sells school suplies and books. I found the booth that sells art supplies and bought pastels and paper. Hopfully every now and then I can slow down and appreciate God's creation.

No comments: