Yes I realize it has been quite awhile. I don’t really know what to say or where to start. I will just write a jumbled collection of thoughts about the last couple of weeks.
-Fall is heavily upon us in Krasnodar. That means the weather is going from about 40 to the upper 70’s. The heat still isn’t on in the city so I’m bundling up inside and doing my best to stay warm.
-An interesting fact Russian pumpkins are green, not orange.
-A couple days ago I went to the grocery store and outdoor market. I ended up buying a huge bouquet of flowers because they were so beautiful. They are a deep orange brown color. The whole bouquet was only 4 dollars. Then I stood waiting for a tram for half an hour. No trams were coming in either direction. So I had to carry my groceries and flowers about three miles home. At least I got my exercise for the day.
-A had a great time last weekend speaking at a retreat for middle school girls. All the girls are American and unfortunately the weekend was ruined for some because they were unsuccessful in pulling of a prank. We learned that Russians don’t look kindly upon pranking.
-I can now say it is by choice that I am not married. That’s right, I’ve had a marriage proposal. Only the guy was very clear that it was because he wants to go to America. I told him I want to live in Russia. He said that’s okay we could live here and travel there. A real heart felt, or at least honest, proposal from a stranger.
-As I am typing this on Microsoft word because I’ve been waiting for my blog page to download and it still hasn’t but I’ve run out of things to say.
-Wait here is more. Fresh honey is very important to Russians. My Russian mom gave me fresh honey and told me to drink it with tea to keep from getting sick. She has more waiting for me. I must say I have never tasted honey this good in America. This is straight from the hive.
-How deep does Russian friendship go? Well my friend Galya and I hadn’t talked to each other in over a week. Out of the blue I get an SMS from her “where are you, are you alive?” That shows you how important it is too stay connected.
-My page has finally downloaded. I hope this small blog will satisfy any hunger.
No comments:
Post a Comment