Every Wednesday our class has a worship time together. This week it was suggested that we look at things that God has given us here to be thankful for. These are things we were never thankful for in America either because we didn’t have them or because they didn’t matter there. Here are some things, in no particular order, that I am thankful for because I am in Russia.
I get to be Aunt Sarah and have wonderful nieces and nephews.
I have a big family to spend thanksgiving with.
A lunch at McDonalds
Good taxi drivers
A seat on a trolley bus or a tram
The trolley bus or tram coming in a timely manner and not breaking down
Very fresh produce
Boneless skinless chicken
Frozen ground, it means the mud is gone
Thursday afternoons, the weekend begins
Fellowship in the English language
A smile from a stranger
Being able to count to a thousand correctly
Strong legs and arms, I need those for climbing four flights of stairs with groceries
E-Mails!
Letters
Packages
Phone calls!
A warm apartment
Hot water
The ability to make things from scratch
Comfortable waterproof shoes
Taco Seasoning
Spaghetti Seasoning
I’m sure the list could go on and on. These are just some of the things I am thankful for this thanksgiving.
1 comment:
Happy Happy Turkey Day!
Post a Comment