Well first I must thank my good friend who always comments on my blog. She makes me feel special and reminds me that at least some one reads what I write. So thank you to the first Sarah Beth.
Now for my entry on a pumpkin
Today I had a very nice outing to our new McDonalds in Krasnodar. I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to go to McDonalds. It’s no Taco Bell. I will just have to wait four years for that I think. After my wonderful McDonalds lunch I went to the grocery store and bought a pumpkin. You might be thinking it is a little late to buy a pumpkin. This pumpkin is no decoration. It will not be carved into a jack-o-lantern. It would be an odd jack-o-lantern. You see my pumpkin is green. That’s right; a ripe round pumpkin in Russia is green. I took a picture of it but it just didn’t turn out well. You’ll have to use your imaginations. Do you want to know what I am going to do with my pumpkin? I am going to quarter it and scoop out the seeds and then I am going to bake it. After I bake it I will scrape out the insides and use that to make pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread. Have you every really made pumpkin pie from scratch with no can of pumpkin? I actually have. The last time I was in Russia for thanksgiving, 7 years ago, this is how I did it. Back then someone else baked the pumpkin for me. This will be a new learning experience for me. Pray that it turns out good!
2 comments:
Pumpkin bread with real pumpkin is the best!!!
I know just how amazing McDonalds can taste for sure! Sadly, I ate there at least once a week, (once 3 times in one day!) when I lived in HK. Still, nothing can compare to Taco Bell. I'll have to try and find you some Taco Bell seasoning packets, they're the best!
Post a Comment