Here is a random list of things that strike me odd now
1. People I've never seen before smile at me and some of them are even chatty.
2. The toilet flushes in the front and not on top. I really don't like automatic flushing toilets.
3. Washing machines and dryers are so huge here.
4. People do not dress up at all, I feel overdressed most of the time.
5. American soup doesn't taste as good as I remember.
6. I'm actually getting tiered of the candy and ice cream I haven't had for two years. I miss the simplicity of Russia.
7. When I hear someone speaking Russian my first response is to tune it out because I don't want to evesdrop. Russian is just so natural to me now. When I do listen in I realize why they are speaking Russian and I really shouldn't be listening.
8. Though the medical system is good in America it isn't any quicker or easier to get results here than in Russia.
9. Clothing stores have amazing prices but the price of food seems extreemly high to me.
10. When I'm at home I'm stuck at home. I can't walk to the store or hop on a tram. Do I actually miss public transportation?
Well Baseball is a great thing about America.
Last night my dad coached two softball games and we won both! Tonight we are going to the final minor leauge baseball game of the season here. It is actually a sunny day. I'm looking forward to this taste of America.
4 comments:
Ah the differences. I know them so well. Not all of them are the same for me, but I totally get what you mean. And public transport IS pretty freaking amazing!
Sarah,
It is great to read blog posts from you again! Hope you have a great time at the baseball game. May the peace of Christ reign in your heart as you wait for answers.
Loves, erin
I love reading lists like this of yours. It's interesting to see the differences you notice. I hope your thyroid issue is not serious. I pray that you'll have peace and healing.
Sarah,
We had to borrow a car from friends while we were in California. We didn't get it until we had been there for a few days. So on our second day Spencer and I walked to the supermarket which was 2.5 miles away! After that we would walk up there and ride the bus home. It was amazing to see the bus crowded with teens going to the beach... they got on in their swimsuits and had their boogie boards with them!
Post a Comment