Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Pre Op
I went in to the doctors office today for my pre op appointment for my upcoming thyroid surgery on the 22nd. I was able to find out more of what to expect following my surgery. I will have about a three to four inch incision on my neck just to the right of middle. They will place a drainage tube and bulb on my throat that I will have to have in for 3 days. Then on Monday morning I will go back to the doctor to have the drainage tube removed and to have my dressings changed for the first time. Honestly it sounds a little gross to me. It will hurt to move my neck very much for quite some time. I should be up on my feet, though not 100%, within a week. Today I had my final blood work done and picked up my prescriptions. Now I just have to wait for the phone call on Thursday night telling me when to come in on Friday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thinking of you and praying for you and wishing I could take this cup from you. Lots of loves...
Praying for you!! Thanks for the updates!
I will pray for you. I just stumbled across your blog, I attend a CMA church in Rancho Cordova, CA and lived in Nizhniy for a few months. I will pray for complete healing and that you will be soon up and heading back to Russia.
God bless
Post a Comment