Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What is with my health?

Well I don't know if you are aware of what is going on with my health so I'll try to explain it here. A nurse practitioner found a lump on my thyroid in a routine physical. She then sent me for blood work and an ultrasound. After that I was sent to a specialist who ordered more blood work, a nuclear imaging scan, and a needle biopsy. The test results came back that I have a folicular neoplasm which can be either cancerous or benign. After closer look he saw a cold spot on the nuclear imaging scan. That generally means cancer. So on August 22nd I am having the right side of my thyroid removed. It is a two hour surgery. They will send my thyroid to the lab to test it for cancer. I should have results within 4 days. If it isn't cancer than I am done with this ordeal. If it is cancer I will go in for more surgery and treatment.
How am I feeling? Frustrated. Right now I feel like I'm missing out on my life. I am very anxoius to get back to Russia. I know God has a plan and I am trying to be patient.

1 comment:

Prairie Mama said...

May the peace that surpasses all understanding flood your heart, soul and mind in the name of Jesus. As your sister in Christ I am hurting with you today but turning my attention to praise the God that has plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Hang in there and know that we as a body go through things together and we are here for you. Much, much love.