Sometimes I love this country and sometimes I hate it. Recently I have been in the loving mood, at least until today. In the spirit of becoming more Russian I went with my language helper to Krasnodar’s largest outdoor clothing market. Last year I bought a wool coat there. This year I was going for accessories. Arm in arm Oksana and I walked through the market. I came away with a hat, gloves, purse, and a new umbrella. We went straight home for me to try everything on. After that we met for our usual language helper session. All went great until it came time to pay Oksana. My wallet was gone. We are guessing that someone on the very crowded tram stole it out of my purse. They must have been good. I lost over two hundred dollars, my brand new American driver’s license, insurance cards, and items I haven’t even thought about yet. However, praise the Lord I still have my passport, visa, and registration. I know I only lost things but I feel violated and stupid. I tried to hold my composure with Oksana but I couldn’t hold out forever. Eventually I ended up crying in her arms. It’s nice to have a friend that cares.
Right now my director is calling the police to report my stolen wallet. It is highly unlikely that it will be turned in. I know that my God can work miracles. Please pray.
1 comment:
I am so sorry Sarah. I would feel awful and cry too! I am so glad about the good news of reconnecting with Olya though. Hopefully God will redeem the situation through your relationship with this lady. Love, RJ
Post a Comment