I realize that I have been writing less frequently on my blog. I guess that is because I don't really know what to write about anymore. I have come to the place were I simply live my life here. I go to school four days a week. I meet with my language helpers and we talk about everything from verb conjugations to God's plan for our lives. I'm slowly learning the meaning of Russian friendship and how to be there for people. I go to the movies and out to eat with friends. In many ways my life is the same as it was way back when in college. Only now I'm older and living a world away from California. I have learned to love and appreciate my new life.
What am I thankful for this Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for a new life. God has blessed me with friends and "family" here. I thankful for being understood in Russian. I'm thankful for the opportunity to study the Russian language with Godly teachers who see it as a ministry. I am thankful for language helpers who not only challenge my language but challenge my walk with God and my view of this world. I'm thankful for my supportive family. I'm thankful when a tram or a trolly actually shows up to take me some where. Thankful for heat in my apartment and food in my cupboards. Thankful for emails, cards, and packages. Thankful for phonecalls and laughter.
Mostly I am thankful for a God who forgives and loves. A God who never gives up on me. A God I am priviledged to serve. A God who created me for the awesome pleasure of Glorifing His name. It is a high and daunting task that we all poses but it's one that I am thankful for.
No comments:
Post a Comment