Tomorrow I am going to be brave and go to the dentist for the first time in Russia. However, it is not the first time I have gone to the dentist overseas. Hopefully this will be a much better experience. The only cavities and fillings I have ever had were durring my time in Korea. When I went back into the room, I don't know what you are supposed to call it, it was just one big room with dentist chairs in a line. the dentist went from one mouth to the next without gloves or washing his hands. When he got to me he figured my cavities were small enough they didn't require any pain killer. After two fillings with tears in my eyes and white knuckles he stopped and I came back the next day to have my final filling. It was very inexpensive though!
Why am I going to the dentist tomorrow? On thanksgiving I noticed that one of my molars has a chip/crack right in the middle of it. So I thought maybe I could prevent a cavity this time by going to the dentist. I'm praying for better results. Today I spent some time looking up vocabulary and reviewing an old lesson we had on going to the dentist. So armed with my cheat sheet I'm ready to face the challenge.
Next time you have to go to the dentist remember how good you've got it. You get drugs and you can understand what the dentist is saying.
No comments:
Post a Comment