Saturday, April 21, 2007

Volleyball Anyone?

I had a wonderful time at field forum. As soon as I arrived I was able to relax and get refreshed. I can't really explain how wonderful it is to be with your field family. We were blessed to be together as an entire family for the first couple of days because even our boarding school kids were there. It was a special time.
Now I am back to Krasnodar and I can no longer hide in my English speaking world. I was out tonight and on my way home I was convicted that I haven't talked to my neighbors in quite some time. When I arrived home there were kids playing volleyball and they invited me to join in. So I was brave and played with them for awhile. It was fun. I need to keep pushing myself in speaking to Russians. Tonight was a positive experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

So glad you had a good field forum. I have to admit I am glad to see a new post! It is great to read about what is going on in your life and to be able to pray for you. May the Lord bless you this week in your efforts to expand your Russian language skills and expand your comfort zones with your neighbors.

Gail Carver