Friday, April 13, 2007

Talent Show

I stil have a little bit of creativity left. I leave for our field forum today and I will be gone for a week. You don't need to check for a blog. One night at our forum we are having a family fun night. Doesn't that sound like fun, hmmmm. I'm not sure. But I put my creativity to use and I wrote new words to the song Hello Muddah, Hello Fadda, Here I am at Camp Grenada.
Here is my creation for you to enjoy. Sing it out if you can.

Hello Muddah, hello Faddah
Here I am in Krasnoda-ar
Russia’s very entertaining
And they say we’ll have some fun when I stop sweating.

I went shopping with the guys
Do you know what it is like
Buying things here with their advice
I don member one thing that I bought in Russia

All my neighbors hate my colleagues
And they yell when we come near
And the public can’t take sissies
So I squish and squeeze to make it where I’m going

Now I don't want this should scare ya'
There’s a blast out of my windah
You remember, I forgot
Why’d I come here to be tortured with this language

Take me home, oh Muddah, Faddah
Take me home, I don’t like Russia
Don’t leave me out in the city where
I might get yelled at by a stranger

Take me home, I promise I will
Not make noise, or mess the house with
All my things, oh please don’t make me stay
I've been here one whole day

Dearest Fadduh, Darling Muddah
How’s my precious older sistah
Let me come home if you miss me
I would even let Aunt Avis hug and kiss me

Wait a minute, I’ve stopped sweating
Kids are laughing, neighbors smiling
Speaking Russian and understanding
Muddah, Faddah kindly disregard this letter

2 comments:

Jeff & Rebecca Jo said...

well done Sarah,
Know that you are in our hearts and in our prayers. Thanks for the laugh... I know we may be singing that same song soon enough.

Have a great time at Forum, we are doing our best to be at peace with all the changes we are going through. I know we will get there someday...

I hope you are well.

Jeff Ceria

Anonymous said...

Nice one sis...lol! Hope all goes well at Forum:)

P