Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A new chapter

If you are reading this then you have probably received my last newsletter and you know I am not returning to Russia.  Everyone wants to know what the next step is for me.  Honestly, I want to know what the next step is.  Even in the midst of all the questions I have an oddly perfect peace.  I will tell you what I do know
I know that my God is faithful and I know He has very clearly led me thus far in life.  God has given me a heart for orphans and for hurting children in this world.  I know He is asking me to take the next step with that.  Yesterday I called the Alaska Center for Resource Families and began the process of adopting an older child out of foster care.  This will be a long process but one that I am committed to.
I plan on blogging throughout this transition and journey.  I hope you continue to check back and I hope you continue to pray for me.  I certainly appreciate all prayers and encouragement that come my way.

6 comments:

donandbella said...

You had better believe that we will be following your journey and reading your blog! We miss you already, but support your decision and look forward to the beauty God is going to create in this next season of your life. Love ya!

Mary Hain said...

Love and miss you dearly. Looking forward to keeping up with you this way. Keeping you before Dad... XO

JHIrvin said...

We love you, Sarah, and can't wait to hear about what God has in store for you!!!

RivertonNACWeb said...

Sarah,

I will be praying for you, that during this time of transition that you find joy, peace and rest. Also patience as you wait for God's direction for your future.

Kurt

Diane Rorabaugh said...

What exciting news! I'll be praying for you, Sarah.

Peggy Flynn said...

That is really wonderful, Sarah. I am so excited!