Thursday, March 19, 2015

The need right now

Today I went to a foster care orientation.  My plan was to become a licensed foster care parent and then "simply" adopt from the system.  What I found out today was that there is no "simply."  No matter what way you go about it the process is long and complicated.  I also realized just what a huge need there is for foster parents.  Right now there simply aren't enough.  As I heard them speak and I thought about my own situation and background I began to think, maybe I could do that.  As soon as my mom and I left the meeting she asked me what I thought.  My quick response:  "I want to be a foster parent."  She was very glad I said that because she had switched pages right along with me.  I never thought this would be the path I would head down.  It feels like the right path.  Everything is coming together in God's timing.  While I know this will not be easy I do think it will be right.

No comments: