Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Take a stroll

Now that I have a car I almost never walk anywhere or take public transportation. The one exception is on Wednesdays. My school is only a mile away so I walk to and from school. I find that I love the walk. It is so refreshing to be outside. Now that spring is really here with everything green and growing it is especially nice. Today on my walk I realized how acustomed I have become to going to supermarkets to get everything I need. In Krasnodar I would stop at the outdoor market on my way home, buy what I needed, and then walk the rest of the way home. So, today on my way to school when I saw old ladies selling flowers I decided to buy some on my way home if they were still there. Well they were still there so I bought tulips and daffodils. Then as I got closer to home there were ladies selling cosmetics so I bought some lotion and face wash. Finally I decided to pick up some ice cream in a small store (produkti) outside my apartment. It might sound odd to you but it was so much more convienient then going to a big store. So much nicer too.
I need to go for walks more often.

2 comments:

Prairie Mama said...

I love getting a glimpse of your life in Russia through your blog. Thank you for sharing!

TFisher said...

Yes, Sarah. I missed walking and buying things from people on the street and in the markets when we moved south and got a car. I can identify.