Sorry for not writing. I've been out of commission for a week thanks to a nasty cold. Today was my first day out. One thing I am thankful for is my block. In my block I have multiple pharmacies and little grocery stores. So, whenever I needed something this last week I didn't have to venture far from home.
Anyways, on to stereotypes. Last weekend I had friends over and we were talking about health. Zenya said "I don't understand how American's can live longer than Russians when they eat hamburgers every day." I looked at her shocked and informed her that her information was false. She was very surprised to find out Americans don't eat hamburgers every day, or even every week. She then went on comenting about my cooking: "You're such a good cook and I thought Americans didn't know how to cook. I thought they only bought prepared food." Again I informed her that there are Americans who buy prepared food but many of us know how to cook. I wonder what else she thinks about us?!
1 comment:
you may be surprised when you ask, so be sure you really want to hear...
glad you are feeling better!
Post a Comment