Yesterday was kids club. We talked about how much Jesus loves children. How He recieved them and blessed them and that He does the same today. We also talked about how we need to bless others and show them God's love. I had them decorate cookies and make cards with words of blessing. Then we packed them up and they were told to give the cookies away to someone they don't know well. They weren't really happy about that. They like giving things to each other or their family. I made it clear the reciever had to be someone new.
Did they do as I asked? Today Sofia's mother told me that as soon as they got home six year old Sofia ran out to the playground with her cookies. She found an older boy she didn't know and she went up to him and said "God loves children, and He loves you, and these cookies are for you!" Sofia is very shy and this was shocking. Way to go Sofia. I'm proud of you showing the love of God to others.
*Here is a funny language mistake. Today in Children's church we were coloring and I asked Natasha to share the markers. She didn't respond so I asked again. Everyone looked at me strange and I thought whats the matter I know I said it right. Well I did say it right, only in English! We had a good laugh over that.
No comments:
Post a Comment