Sunday, March 08, 2009

Happy Women's Day!

Today is International Women's Day and it is a big holiday in Russia. The first person to wish me "prazdnikom" (happy holiday) was a police officer. I was pulled over at a regular check point and he wished me a good women's day while he checked my documents. Church today went by in a quick flash. I had two new kids in children's church and one girl who has only come a couple of times before. We are growing! After church the men served us desserts and juice. It was just a nice atmosphere.
For lunch I went over to Victor's house (Victor is my pastor.) There were over twenty people there. One family were first time vistors today. We had a huge lunch and talked for hours. The youth went ice skating, I wanted to go but was wearing a skirt. I stayed behind and talked with the women about our ladies party tomorrow. The person in charge of the crafts backed out so guess who is the alternate. That's right it's me. Now I am backing cookies for tomorrow and planing a craft. I have decided to go simple. We will make scrapbook type book marks. I will have to make up some examples tomorrow. I don't have the strength tonight.

*On a different note Sveta, the new lady, is a hairdresser and she wants to do a complete makeover on me. I'm a little worried about it. All of the other women seem to think it's a great idea. I'm just not sure I'm ready to be a guinie pig and a dress up doll.

1 comment:

Donnie and Blythe said...

I'm not sure how she could improve on your current hairstyle. I think it's perfect for you! Happy Women's Day. Happy crafting.