Today was spent cooking and preparing for my single women's Valentines Day party. There were 9 of us and we had a great night. We had youth up to women in their thirties. We played games, laughed, talked about our futures, and had a great meal. All around it was a good night.
We started out with a game on famous pairs and then they did their first Mad Libs ever. That was funny. By then it was time for dinner. We had salad with Italian dressing, a plain green salad here is never seen so that was a novelty. I also made a jello salad which they all thought was too pretty to cut into. We had lasagna and garlic bread. A first for everyone.
It was back to the games with Uno, spoons, and a boyfriend for 25 rubbles. When I asked if anyone ever thought about their future husbands all of the teens instantly said "YES! Every day!" I've never seen them quite so animated. They certainly opened up then.
We had two guests tonight. The girls asked one guest, Lena, if she had ever been to our church. She answered: "No, invite me and I will come." So they invited here. We'll just have to wait and see if she comes.
I do believe this was probably my best Valentines Day yet.
3 comments:
What a great night!! You'll have to let us know if she comes to church!
What an awesome idea for a party!!
Wish I could have been there Pooh, sounded like fun:)
Post a Comment