Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday

Yana reading her card
Natasha and Sam. All of the kids wanted to pose with Sam. He's more popular than I am.


The kids and their cards. Tim, Natasha, Vika, Yana, Daniel, and Ineta.




Writing their letters.
Our works of art.

Well tonight was kids club and I am beat right now. This morning I was on a hunt for marbles. I went to a toy store and a grocery store and came up empty. Ron sugested I go to the hardware store and look in the floral departmant. There were my precious marbles, which I needed for a craft.
After my hunt I rushed home to get started on my cupcakes for tonight and some food for what I'm doing Saturday. I also had to set up my living room, make a banner, paper airplanes, and do the craft. I was pretty busy but I managed to get everything done in time, though I was on my feet most of the day.
The kids came all excited as usual and we started out listening to two songs and voting on which to sing for Easter. After the vote we went into our lesson on Romans 12:10. "Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves." We talked about what it means to show honor and love.
The craft is always the most anticipated time for the kids. I'm a craft person and the first thing they always ask is what craft we are going to do. Tonight we placed a blank piece of paper in a shallow box, put bloches of paint on the paper, and then we added marbles to the box and swirlled them around. Every child did their own paper and we came up with nice desings. We made cards out of the paper and wrote letters telling someone we honor and love them.
After craft time it was paper airplane time. Our verse was written on each airplane. They threw the airplane to someone. The person who caught the plane had to read the verse and write down a way to show respect.
Then it was tea/cupcake time and I put in a DVD of Russian Hillsong kids music vidoes. They really enjoyed those. After their snack they were in the mood for singing so we practiced our song.
The night flew by and I had a great time. No I didn't come up with these ideas on my own. I use Gospel Light material from "The Big Book of Bible Lessons for Crafty Kids."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great night! I love your works of art. It's wonderful that the kids are excited to learn about Jesus!

JB and Iris said...

hey...where did you get the dvd of hillsong russian kids songs???? I need to get my hands on that!!!! HUGS! Iris.

Donnie and Blythe said...

I'm so glad those kids have you!!! So many kids in Russia don't get the chance to hear about the stuff you're teaching them. I pray that your influence will grow and grow.

Unknown said...

That sounds like a great time, sounds like you're really connecting with the kids. God has truly blessed them with you.

Alissa:Adventurer said...

Wow! Thats an amazing craft!!!!! I am seriously going to make that haha.