Today has been a long day and it is only 7pm. It started for me around 8 this morning when I woke up feeling very sick. I was having a hard time breathing and I was sick to my stomach. I knew I would need God's strength to get me through the day.
Before I left for church this morning I finshed preparing food for our youth meeting after church and then I was off to church. I made a quick trip to the store on my way for one last minute item and then made it to church a few minutes early, of course I was still the second one to arrive.
In church these days we have a good problem, not enough seats. So 20-30 minutes into the service the kids were dismissed because they needed the seats. Normally they are dismissed after an hour. I sat the kids down and the first thing we talked about was our new rules. They have had trouble obeying. I'm having to get strickter. Then we went into the lesson. After an hour or so I was pulled out to take communion and then make an anouncement.
After church I had a long talk with Natasha, a woman who hasn't come in a month or so. It was good to see her again. Then I gathered up the youth and headed home. We ate lunch and played games and by 4 o'clock the pastor came to start the lesson. Arround 6 they all got ready to leave but first they asked me if everything in my apartment was okay. I said my washing machine wasn't working properly so they dug in and started the repairs.
Now my house is quite, my dishes are washed, and everything is in order (almost.) I don't feel sick at all. God gave me what I needed to make it through this day.
2 comments:
I am so glad God gave you what you needed today. You always inspire me. Amen that there are not enough seats! You said it best...that is a "good problem."
Hope you have a wonderful night's rest.
That's a great post... a testimony of His grace and power in our everyday lives and peek into your life!
Post a Comment