Thank you to all who gave to my car fund! I am now driving around in my very own automobile. It was quite a process but well worth it. Saturday I went to the dealership to puchase the car. Then I paid for a security system and some other things to be added. I had to wait a few days before it would be ready. I left it there until yesterday because Tuesday they did the government inspection and Wednesday morning I went back for registration. After my car was registered I went to a notary to get an official document saying I have permission to drive the car (officially it has to be owned by a Russian.)
After all of that I became a free woman and I wanted to celebrate. I went downtown to McDonalds. I had to go arround the trafic circle twice to find a place to park. I finally found a spot amongst many others and went into McDonalds. When I came out oddly enough the parking area was clear except for my car, the police, and two tow trucks each with a car attached. I quickly got in my car and the police were right there. I gave them my documents, waited, and prayed. After about 10 minutes the police man came back, he was actually very nice, he just gave me a warning and explained the law. He said next time I would recieve a fine. What a nerve wracking experience.
Please pray for me as I learn to drive in Russia. Today I went to the market. In the space of half a mile there were three accidents. Driving home yesterday I saw at least 3 accidents as well. They are everywhere. I know I need God's protection.
2 comments:
Congratulations, Sarah!!! It's so pretty! Have fun learning to drive- it's much nicer to drive here than in Krasnodar, people are much better drivers (actually using turn signals and not slamming on brakes all the time, etc.) than they were in Krasnodar- seems like we see way less accidents- hopefully you will find the same thing there in NN :) Praising the Lord with you for the opportunity to have a form of transport that you don't have to share simulatneously with 100 other people :) It's a blessed thing to have a car- especially when grocery shopping! Love you girlie!!!! Hugs! Iris.
So tell me, which is harder to get-A Hyundai Accent or a Russian Accent -Donnie
Post a Comment