Today I finally had the priviledge of teaching children's church in Russian and it went wonderful. I told the story of creation and painted the story as I told it. That really helped to keep the children's attention. We then did a mobile of the sky to help us remember God is our creator. It was a very simple lesson but it was so nice to be able to do it. The kids were all really good.
Before church a university student asked me what I am doing Thursday and I told her nothing. She is going to come over with other girls for tea and fellowship. I'm looking forward to that.
After church a man came up to me and told me he knows a gypsy family with 12 kids. He has been talking to them about God. They are very interested and they would like me to come once a week or twice a week to do a lesson for their children!
I am so excited as I see ministry opportunities comming up. Last week I felt a little down wondering if I was wasting my time. Now I see that God does want to use me here.
3 comments:
Sarah, I'm so glad you're finally doing what your heart has desired for so long. Great things are ahead... -bella
Sarah that is so awesome that God is opening up the doors for you to minister not only to those in the church but to others as well. God bless you in your adventures. Michelle
I'm so glad you're in your element! God is so good! My daughter Vanessa is in Akademgorodok studing Russian @ NSU. Check out her blog and see how closely you two relate. vanessagreer@blogspot.com
Post a Comment