Last Sunday in church the speaker showed a short video clip as a sermon illustration. The video clip was in Africa. The first part of the clip showed the life of the African bushman. The second part was in an African city. One of his points was that the bushman knew what was important. There lives were perhaps more difficult but they still understood the importance of love. Those in the city were too busy to realize their need for love and to give love.
The church I attend is a very unique church in Russia. We have people from many nationalities. There are usually at least 30 Africans in our church every Sunday. They are all students and the university here. Most of them are studying the Russian language first before they can begin their regular studies towards their degrees here. Unfortunately at least one student, maybe many, took offense at this simple clip.
This Sunday last week’s speaker stood in front of the congregation to apologize. His apology was very sincere. He made it very clear that we all a part of the body of Christ. We are to love each other. We are definitely a world wide church with people from Asia, Europe, Africa, and America. We are all brother and sisters in Christ. In order to make sure he was understood he had his apology translated into English for the Africans.
Recently I have been challenged with the fruit of the spirit. I have felt that it isn’t as evident as should be in my life. Today I witnessed an amazing example of the fruit of the spirit lived out in someone else.
Praise the Lord.
1 comment:
Great things to think about. And on another note great new look to your blog...:O...it's been far too longs sense I've been here. Sorry sis you know I love you though:).
Big Sissy
Post a Comment