I was being a little nastolgic on Valentines day. Last year I was speaking at a church in Casper when I caught the flu. The lovely couple I stayed with took good care of me. They even took me to breakfast and bought me a rose. Still, being sick kinda ruins the day. In keeping with tradition my body decided to be sick this Valnetines day. So I stayed home from school trying to keep a temperature down and continue to breathe. By thursday I thought I was better. Apparently I was wrong. I think the cold is working its way out of my body. It went from my throat to my chest and now it is also in my nose and head. I don't see where else it has to go but out.
You might be wondering how I even remembered it was Walentines day. Well for the unlucky single that I am even moving accross the globe I can't get away from it. Yes, Valentines day exsists even in Russia. There are cards, candy, and flowers for your loved on sale throughout the city. There are even small cards for kids to pass out friends. It is all very similar to America. Don't worry, I did get a few Valentines for myself, and even some candy, thanks to some MK's and classmates.
Next week is yet another holiday in Russia. This one you don't have in America. Some of you probably wish you had a day like this. It is mens day on thursday. I don't exactly know what that means. I'll tell you what I find out.
1 comment:
Men's day huh? Well, I actually got V-day cards this year myself. It's been a long time since I have, but the kids treated Ms. Everest kindly and gave me some candy as well. I think I deserve it after what I put up with from them! I didn't give anyone my yearly "dream of you Valentine tonight" speech this year though. sigh. Maybe someday I won't have to...nice thought anyway ;)
Post a Comment