Friday, January 01, 2010

The Europe Asia Border

Start your reading with the blog preceeding this one :)

A bit further down the road from the monument is the boarder between Europe and Asia. They want to make it into a big attraction but for now it is a small marker on the side of the road. I have now stood on two continents at the same time!
The boarder between Asia on the left and Europe on the right. The monument is an A standing up tall and an E on it's side. Can you see it?
I really like this post. It had a different language on every side. Now you know how to say "may peace prevail on earth" in Russian. Read if for yourself :)

You can't really read the signs but they have the distance to major cities in Europe and Asia.


The dream for what the boarder will one day look like

The Asian side of the boarder. Throughout Asia you will see colorful clothes or ribbon tied to trees. I think it has something to do with the spirits and gods.




2 comments:

Alissa:Adventurer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alissa:Adventurer said...

Wow! I am so thankful to have found your blog! I appreciate all your posts about life in Russia as I will soon be traveling over for missions (actually about an hour away from NN!) MAybe we could chat sometime? Whats your email address? I would love to hear some more stories and info about your work and life there!

-Alissa-
http://www.alissamgraham.com/